WSET Level 1 Award in Wine – 270€
- Price includes VAT and lunch at the Winery Venue
- Price includes instruction, course materials, exam fee, wine tasted in class
- Course length: One day, 09.30 – 17.30
- The level of Knowledge Needed to Take This Course: No previous wine knowledge required
Who should attend?
This WSET Level 1 qualification, taught in English, was initially created for the front-of-house staff working within the hospitality sector. It has grown into a course with global appeal, providing basic product knowledge for both first time employees in the wine industry and interested consumer.
How will you benefit?
The aim of the course is to give a basic introduction to wine followed by some food & wine pairing. Successful students will receive a certificate and WSET Level 1 Award and wine lapel pin.
- The main styles of wine
- The WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
- The characteristics of the common grape varieties used to produce wine
- Service of wine
- Health, safety and legal issues
- The pairing of food and wine
- To gain the qualification students need to successfully pass a multiple-choice paper of 30 questions
Course specification documents
Students should read the specifications below prior to their course starting. Click the links below, they will open in a new tab and you can save them to your device.
- Download L1 Award in Wines Specification (150KB pdf)
- Download Level 1 Key Skills (770KB)
- View Event Calendar
- Terms & Conditions