WSET Level 3 Award in Wines – 1195€
- Price includes IVA, instruction, WSET ebook, exam fee, wines tasted in class
- Cellar tour included at winery venues
- Course Length: 5 days total including 4.5 classroom days, 0930 – 1700, as well as independent candidate study. The course ends at 1700 on day 5, immediately after the exam
- Open to students who hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines. In a limited set of circumstances, we may allow students to join Level 3 directly subject to a telephone assessment. Please note that many sommelier qualifications do not enable direct access to Level 3
This qualification, taught in English, is open to students who hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits or can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge. It is recommended that students complete the Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits before progressing to the Level 3 Award.
Students without WSET Level 2 certification must pass our Level 3 Application Test. A fee of €30.00 is charged to sit this test, however, if you subsequently enrol on one of Wine Academy Italia’s WSET courses this fee will be refunded. The 30-minute test, via email, takes place at a mutually convenient time, the pass mark is 75%.
Level 3 is a prerequisite for candidates planning to study for the WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines and Spirits qualification.
The aim of this course is to provide a detailed analysis of the principal wines and spirits of the world. Students will also benefit from in-depth tastings where they will learn to identify product style and quality. This course also offers professionals the opportunity to develop their “Wine English” language skills which in turn can help you build more effective international client relationships.
Wine Academy Italia tutors are highly experienced professionals and educators. In order to give students the best classroom experience we limit class sizes to 14 and use high-quality wines, many of which are unavailable in Italy, for our tastings. Successful students will receive an internationally respected certificate and WSET Level 3 Award in Wine and Spirits lapel pin.
Candidates must be over the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of alcoholic beverages in the country where the examination is being held. (Entry requirements may vary according to APP) Candidates are advised to hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits before the study for the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines and Spirits.
“The WSET recommends at least 50 hours of student preparation prior to the course beginning. It is important that students are fully aware of, and understand, the contents of the books before starting the course.”
How to gain the qualification: You must successfully complete:
- Unit 1
- A multiple-choice paper of 50 questions
- A question paper requiring short written answers
- Unit 2
- Full written tasting notes on TWO wines
Unit 1 – Wines of the World
- Production of Wine (location, viticulture, vinification, maturation and bottling, labelling regulations)
- France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Central and South-Eastern Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, North America, South and Central America
- Sparkling Wines
- Fortified (Liqueur) Wines
- Information and Advice for Customers and Staff
- This unit is evaluated by a multiple-choice paper of 50 questions and a question paper requiring short written answers
Unit 2 – Tasting and Evaluating Wines of the World
- WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting – how to taste wines and evaluate the quality, style and price
- This unit is assessed by a blind tasting paper of two wines
Obtain the Level 3 Award in Wines you can apply to use the certified logo.
Please contact us for further details.
All course prices include WSET ebook materials, access is given once enrollment is complete. WSET eBooks are available via an internet browser or Google Play/Apple Store app’s. Students are responsible for having a compatible device for the download. Access to the ebook is for one year at WSET Levels 1 and 2 and two years for WSET Level 3, this can be extended at additional cost.
Students should read the Level 3 Award in Wines specifications prior to their course, this document is included in the WSET materials that you will receive once enrolment has been completed.