WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines “Vendemmia Intensive” 6 days course – €1395
Cantina Lungarotti, Torgiano, Umbria.
Join us for our unique WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines “Vendemmia Intensive” course in the heart of Italian Wine country. Price includes lunch each day at the course venue, instruction, course materials, exam fee, wines tasted in class, tasting glasses, practical experience of vintage time in the vineyard and cellar and a wonderful Wine Dinner.
- Course Length: 6 days, 0930 – 1730, including the opportunity to see the vendemmia up close
- Additional independent candidate study
- Wine Dinner hosted by our winery partner Cantina Lungarotti
- Open to students who hold the WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits or can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
WSET® LEVEL 3 Vendemia Intensive qualification, taught in English, is open to students who hold the WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits or can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge. It is recommended that students complete the Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits before progressing to the Level 3 Award.
Students without WSET Level 2 certification must pass our Level 3 Application Test. A fee of €30.00 is charged to sit this test, however, if you subsequently enrol on one of Wine Academy Italia’s WSET courses this fee will be refunded. The 30-minute test, via email, takes place at a mutually convenient time, the pass mark is 75%.
Level 3 is a prerequisite for candidates planning to study for the WSET® Level 4 Diploma in Wines and Spirits qualification.
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT?
A unique opportunity to study for your WSET® qualification, at vintage time, in the heart of Italian wine country.
The aim of the Level 3 course is to provide a detailed analysis of the principal wines and spirits of the world. Students will also benefit from in-depth tastings where they will learn to identify product style and quality.
This course also offers professionals the opportunity to develop their “Wine English” language skills which in turn can help you build more effective international client relationships.
Wine Academy Italia tutors are highly experienced professionals and educators. In order to give students the best classroom experience we limit class sizes to 14 and use high-quality wines, many of which are unavailable in Italy, for our tastings.
Successful students will receive an internationally respected certificate and WSET® Level 3 Award in Wine and Spirits lapel pin.
ADDITIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must be over the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of alcoholic beverages in the country where the examination is being held. (Entry requirements may vary according to APP) Candidates are advised to hold the WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits before study for the WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines and Spirits.
“The WSET recommends at least 50 hours of student preparation prior to the course beginning. It is important that students are fully aware of, and understand, the contents of the books before starting the course.”
How to gain the qualification: You must successfully complete:
- Unit 1
- A multiple choice paper of 50 questions
- A question paper requiring short written answers
- Unit 2
- Full written tasting notes on TWO wines
Unit 1 – Wines of the World
- Production of Wine (location, viticulture, vinification, maturation and bottling, labelling regulations)
- France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Central and South Eastern Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, North America, South and Central America
- Sparkling Wines
- Fortified (Liqueur) Wines
- Information and Advice for Customers and Staff
- This unit is evaluated by a multiple choice paper of 50 questions and a question paper requiring short written answers
Unit 2 – Tasting and Evaluating Wines of the World
- WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting – how to taste wines and evaluate the quality, style and price
- This unit is assessed by a blind tasting paper of two wines
Vendemmia Practical Experience & Wine Dinner
Our Vendemmia Intensive course follows the WSET® Level 3 Programme as detailed above but will include an extra day of practical experience in the vineyard and in the cellar during harvest time at Cantina Lungarotti. During the course, we will also host a wine dinner in conjunction with this famous Umbrian producer.
Additional details can be provided on request, Contact Us
WSET® Certified Level 3
Obtain the Level 3 Award in Wines & Spirits you can apply to use the certified logo.
Please contact us for further details.
COURSE SPECIFICATION DOCUMENTS
Students should read the specifications below prior to their course starting. The specification below is valid for examinations on or after 1st August 2014. Students should read this specification as preparation for the course and examination. Click the links below, they will open in a new tab and you can save them to your device. WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines Specification 2016 (300KB pdf document)