WSET Level 2 Award in Wines – 650€
- Price includes IVA, instruction, WSET ebook, exam fee and wines tasted in class
- Cellar tour included at winery venues
- Course length; 3 days, 0930 to 1700, as well as independent candidate study. The course finishes at 1600 on day 3, immediately after the exam
- The level of knowledge needed to take this course; There are no restrictions on entry to the WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines
Who should attend?
This qualification is intended for beginners wishing to learn about a wide range of wines or those seeking to build on the introductory knowledge gained with the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines. Students will gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce. Through a combination of tasting and theory, you’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence. Students will gain an internationally recognised qualification.
What you’ll learn
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties:
- Pinot Grigio/Gris
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
- The style and quality of wines:
- made from 22 regionally important grape varieties
- produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking
processes influence key styles of:
- Sparkling wines
- Fortified wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing
This qualification has a minimum requirement of 28 hours* of study time:
- 16 hours of delivery time with a WSET course provider (classroom or online)
- 11 hours of personal study and revision
- A 1-hour examination
WSET® Certified Level 2 Award in Wines
Once you obtain the Level 2 Award in wines you can apply to use the certified logo. Please contact us for further details.
All course prices include WSET ebook materials, access is given once enrollment is complete. WSET ebooks are available via an internet browser or Google Play/Apple Store app’s. Students are responsible for having a compatible device for the download. Access to the ebook is for one year at WSET Levels 1 and 2 and two years for WSET Level 3, this can be extended at additional cost.
Course specification documents
Students should read the specifications below prior to their course starting. The specification below is valid for examinations on or after 1st August 2014. Students should read this specification as preparation for the course and examination. Click the links below, they will open in a new tab and you can save them to your device.
- Download Level 2 Key Skills (770KB pdf document)
- Download Level 2 Award in Wines Specification (2019) (200KB pdf document)
- View Event Calendar
- Terms & Conditions