Level 2: WSET® Award in Wines and Spirits at Winery venues – €679 (including IVA)
- Price includes lunch each day at Winery Venues
- Price includes instruction, course materials, exam fee, wines tasted in class
- Cellar tour included at winery venues
- Course length; 3 days, 0930 to 1730, as well as independent candidate study
- The level of knowledge needed to take this course; There are no restrictions on entry to the WSET® Level 2 Award
- The price includes IVA
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This qualification, taught in English, is popular with professionals working in the wine and spirit industry and also the hospitality business. The course is also suitable for wine enthusiasts. Students will gain all-around product knowledge and an internationally recognised qualification.
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT?
The aim of the course is to focus on key grape varieties, regions of the world and principle varieties of spirits. Advanced preparation with course text and materials is required. This course also provides professionals with the opportunity to develop their “Wine English” communication skills, vital for students working with international markets.
Wine Academy Italia tutors are highly experienced professionals and educators. In order to give students the best classroom experience we limit class sizes to 14 and use high-quality wines, many of which are unavailable in Italy, for our tastings. Successful students will receive a certificate and WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits lapel pin.
ADDITIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Candidates who are under the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of alcohol will not be allowed to sample any alcoholic beverage as part of their course, but this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification. Similarly, candidates who choose not to taste alcohol for health, religious or other reasons will not find this a barrier to successfully completing the qualification
- How wine is made and other factors influencing the style of wine
- Key white grape varieties
- Key black grape varieties
- Wine-producing regions of the world
- Sparkling wines
- Sweet wines and fortified wines
- Spirits and liqueurs
- Label terminology
- The WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
- To gain the qualification students need to pass a multiple-choice paper of 50 questions
- Approximately 70 wines and spirits will be tasted during the course.
WSET® Certified Level 2
Once you obtain the Level 2 Awards in Wines and Spirits you can apply to use the certified logo.
Please contact us for further details.
COURSE SPECIFICATION DOCUMENTS
Students should read the specifications below prior to their course starting. The specification below is valid for examinations on or after 1st August 2014. Students should read this specification as preparation for the course and examination. Click the links below, they will open in a new tab and you can save them to your device.