ONLINE COURSE START DATES ARE AVAILABLE EVERY MONTH, PLEASE ENQUIRE WITH US FOR INFORMATION ON THE NEXT AVAILABLE START DATE OR FUTURE DATES.
ONLINE: WSET Level 1 Award in Wines – 225€ Inc. IVA
A beginner level introduction to wine suitable for those starting a wine career or pursuing an interest in wine.
For individuals new to wine study, this qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of wine. You’ll explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately and make food and wine pairings. Upon successful completion, you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
What you’ll learn
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to store and serve wine
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions. This qualification is regulated by Ofqual.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. You must be of legal drinking age in Italy.
Course specification documents
Students should read the specifications below prior to their course starting. Click the links below, they will open in a new tab and you can save them to your device.
- Download L1 Award in Wines Specification (150KB pdf)
- Download Level 1 Key Skills (770KB)
- View Event Calendar
- Terms & Conditions